Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ac question, I got a few cans of r134 from autozone and my ac still doesn't work any ideas?

I put four cans in my 93 Sable. My ac works for a minute and then stops. The low side gauge is reading 70 and the high side is reading 320. I took it by the local autozone so they could check it for me. The young lad said my cabin air filter could be clogged but Jiffy Lube just changed that 8 years ago. I refuse to take it to a shop and get ripped off, so if someone can tell me how to fix it myself with detailed instructions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.Ac question, I got a few cans of r134 from autozone and my ac still doesn%26039;t work any ideas?
R134a should have a low side reading of approx. 25 to30 psi. You have overcharged the system. The high side reading is not relevant except for diagnostic purposes. You have flooded the condensor and therefore the system can't cool. You need to remove refrigerant till you get back to proper reading.Ac question, I got a few cans of r134 from autozone and my ac still doesn%26039;t work any ideas?
sounds like there is too much gas in the system. since you have that much pressure in the lines you can take soapy watter and see if you have a leak. you will have to use a recovery machine to get the gas out since you have too much. if you do find a leak remove all gas first. then replace hose, o-ring, or what ever part was leaking. then you will have to pull a vacuum on the system for at least 30 min. then you can start to put the gas back in. only put the amount in what the manufacture says. the best place to find the amount to fill is a ford or mercury manual or a chiltons manual if the info is not under the hood. also it could be your fan not working. some ford models had two fans one was just for ac if it is not working then it could explain the gauge readings that you decribed.if it has been that long since the cabin air filter was changed then its time for a new one.Ac question, I got a few cans of r134 from autozone and my ac still doesn%26039;t work any ideas?
The problem your having is that the a/c compressor is not staying on constantly so it wont take the coolant. You need to jumper the a/c compressor so that it stays running constantly while your adding the r134. Disconnect the connector on the compressor and jump it with a paperclip. This will cause the pump to stay running wide open. Now add the coolant and it will take the charge. Ac question, I got a few cans of r134 from autozone and my ac still doesn%26039;t work any ideas?
That's too much in the system! It should hang around 30-50 PSI on the low side.Ac question, I got a few cans of r134 from autozone and my ac still doesn%26039;t work any ideas?
You changed the cabin filter of a 15 Y.O. car 8 years ago,nothing lasts forever, if you want a second opinion go to another shop if they says it's a filter get filter. Dont look until you find a diagnosis that fits your opinion because you%26quot;re asking us, people you dont even know.Ac question, I got a few cans of r134 from autozone and my ac still doesn%26039;t work any ideas?
I dont believe ford uses a cabin air filter, your car cannot use 4 cans of freon, contact me at my free web page and we will discuss your repairing the A/c

www.mycarandineedhelp.com