Saturday, November 20, 2010

Acura enthusiasts, give me some maintenance tips?

Hey Acura enthusiasts, I just bought a used 2008 Acura TL with 26,000. This is my first Acura and I must say I'm loving the car. It's polished metal metallic! The car now has 34,000 miles on and I've done the regular oil changes on time. I always put premiun unleaded gasoline and do not drive the car hard at all, rarely do I go over 75 unless on freeways. I want to maintain the car meticulously, so I have a few questions. How often should I replace the spark plugs, air filter, cabin air filter, and how many quarts of oil does the car take?



I also wanted to ask if it would be okay if I switch from normal oil to full synthetic oil if I change it myself? Will this void any dealer warranty at all?



Thanks in advance!Acura enthusiasts, give me some maintenance tips?
First off, don't take advice from people who cannot spell simple everyday words. And, keep using the premium gas.



Absolutely change the oil to synthetic. My '04 TL has 147,000 miles, and it acts like it has 20,000 miles on it. I don't change my own oil, but I used synthetic (4.5 quarts, by the way) after it was first broken in. Tune up is 100,000 miles, air filter when it looks dirty, cabin air filter about every 20,000 miles (not an easy change - you have to drop the glovebox down). Timing belt is 105,000 miles. By the way, my timing belt looked like it came out of the box, and I attribute this to the synthetic oil, because I drive the car with, shall we say, spirit.



It is a great car. I expect mine to go 300,000 miles. I do everything that comes up, and change the synthetic oil when the computer tells me. Change your transmission fluid at 60,000 miles, and every 30,000 after that.Acura enthusiasts, give me some maintenance tips?
first stop putting in the high grade well high price gas, that,s all sycological. it dont do any thing or help any thing or give any more power or better gas milage or any thing . its for older cars with high performance engines, new cars are made for regular gas, stop waisting your money 2 change the timing belt after 100 thousand and the water pump to . dont loan it to a friend ,Acura enthusiasts, give me some maintenance tips?
I own a 06 tsx 6MT/wnav, bought new 11/06. I have all the maintenance done by acura/honda dealers. I follow the maintenance minder. When the oil life shows 15%, it will show a code. The owners manual will tell you what the codes mean and what service needs to be done. Mine now shows B-1 (oil/filer change and tire rotation). You can do the maintanance yourself-keep the receipts showing it has been done. My car now has 98,000+problem free miles using regular gas and regular oil. I get compliments on how well maintained my car is.Acura enthusiasts, give me some maintenance tips?
Follow the link below. Do everything according to the miles and times listed.