Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you change the cabin air filter in a 2002 VW Beetle Sport.?

I know it can be done I have a new filter for it I bought at the store. but I am not exactly sure where it is located inside my car and I do not want to tear the whole dash apart to find it. I know it needs it bad, a smoker owned the car before me and I live on a dirt road. Thank you very much.How do you change the cabin air filter in a 2002 VW Beetle Sport.?
first remove the centre panel on top of the dash by pushing it forward .

next remove the left panel that's held in place by 3 torx screws, once you have done that there is another panel held together by what seems to be 3 trillion screws,you will probably fall asleep getting them out,when all the screws are out you will need to be careful to remove the panel it can get tricky.and finally you have reached your destination,there you will find the pollen filter which by now you will be convinced its laughing at you. hope this helps

How do you change the cabin air filter in a 2002 VW Beetle Sport.?
In the center of the dash, above the radio, there is a piece that slides forwards. Once you push that towards the windshield, it will come out. Under that piece you will see three T25 torx screws with these crazy spring washers. Take those out and you will be able to lift the right side of the dash out, sometimes having to unplug a speaker. Under the right side piece that you just removed there is a final piece that is held down with 5 or 6 more T25 torx screws. Pull that piece out and you will be looking at the fresh air filter.